At Imagine we understand the important part excellent nutrition plays in a Child’s Mental and Physical Development,
and in Developing Healthy Attitude towards Food.
Nutritious and Delicious Meals
As part of our dedication to providing exceptional early childhood education and care, all of our childcare centers provide nutritious meals, prepared by our professionally qualified chefs in our onsite kitchens daily. Children enjoy positive and social mealtime experiences with their peers and Educators, where conversations around healthy food choices and nutrition are encouraged.
We ensure that our menus are seasonal and use only the freshest local produce. Our chefs carefully design our menus to ensure they include more than half a child’s daily nutrition requirements, are developmentally appropriate, and are rich in a variety of textures and tastes to promote positive attitudes towards good food choices.
What if my child has special dietary requirements?
We understand that children may have very specific food requirements due to allergies, food intolerances, cultural background, or other family preferences. As part of our menu planning process, we work in consultation with all of our families to make sure their individual child’s dietary requirements are met at all times.
Promoting Health and Nutrition
Our Educators play an important role in encouraging children to develop a healthy and positive attitude towards good food choices. Strategies and activities we use include:
• Involving children in creating healthy menus;
• Providing children with opportunities to engage in the food and mealtime routines of different cultures;
• Encouraging conversations with children about nutritious food and making healthy choices during mealtimes;
• Modelling healthy eating practices to give children a good example to follow; and
• Making sure mealtimes are pleasant occasions, where children and staff have the opportunity to socialize with each other.
If you would like any further information about our Health and Nutrition Program, please contact us.